"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Team Up Thursday - Week 8 - Small


I chose "Small' this week, mainly because I really wanted to show off Kayla-Fern's dwarf hamster ,Captain Nibbles...it turned out to be quite challenging to get a nice picture of him....I think I got some fairly nice ones, but I will never know for sure because yesterday morning at ten past five (thinking I was oh so very organised for a change) -  I deleted all the photos on my memory card..At first I was highly upset, but have come to the conclusion that you can not call yourself a proper photographer until you have done it at least once, so then I had to ran around taking more pictures of "small' things.


My favourite wild animal is the hippo, and I have a set of small hippo ornaments that I absolutely adore and I chose a picture of one of them as my "small" star.  I am not sure how well the photo depicts small except if you were to compare between the ornament and the real animal.

Mariett'es picture is of Maxine's collection of "small" Pokemon all neatly arranged around the bath after she had finished playing with them...Mariette says that Maxine plays with her Pokemon every night and the play sessions become quite loud, but it is also hilarious to listen to....Isn't it wonderful sometimes to over hear our children's play times and get their perspective on things...






I also in my early morning rush yesterday morning took some photos of the smallest of Kayla-Fern's vast horse and unicorn collection. - Darn, now I have left the memory stick at home - I am having such a wonderful week...I am going to do my post anyway and add the pics of the horse and unicorn later (Sorry)...

Isn't it strange how the harder we try to be organised, the more obstacles seem to be in our way - Fortunately in the last few years, I have begun to understand that "being organised" is actually the exception then the norm - most of us are aspiring to get there (it's almost like "being organised" is the DESTINATION and we must follow a JOURNEY to get there and very few of us are actaully there)...Helps make me feel better that I am not the only one who is so terribly disorganised hee hee
Anyway, that is my post and thoughts for this week
Until next week - Lots of love

4 comments:

  1. So very true about us trying to be orgainised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small (big) hippos - like that. I guess we all have memory card issues now and again. Another bit of advice - make sure you have an extra external harddrive with your photos on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little hippo! Well done on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete