"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Team Up Thursday - Week 9 - Light

When Mariette suggested this theme - I was a bit nervous (actually very nervous)...I thought it would be challenging and I really did not think that I was good enough to tackle it yet.....IT WAS THE BEST THEME YET - Thank you Mariette - I did not know that I could have so much fun with a camera...
Mariette took a photo of a glass ball with a lasored fairy inside which has a base with changing coloured led lights...She took her chosen picture from the top of the ball....which gives the effect of swirling, circles of light and colours - Stunning - A great interpretation of the theme - You will have to visit Mariette to see the "whole picture"... Mariette, I know that you also had great fun with this theme.
My chosen "Star" picture was not the best photo, but I liked it because it showed a different aspect, was not straightforward and normal...I took a picture of a shadow of a candle holder that I have...the candle was lit, and there were no other lights on and I did not use flash (finally figured out how to turn it off)...
Below are pictures of the whole thing - first with no flash and then with the flash...taken in exactly the same place at the same time - I promise

I was amazed at how much difference the flash makes....how it totally stripped the colour of the wall behind it and sharpened the lines of the flower and made the silver look really silver and shiny.
I loved the effect of the following photos as well (Can you see how much fun I was having)
And finally, just to be normal - a gorgeous sunset...
Mariette, thank you once again for a wonderful theme - it did challenge me and made me think out of the box, but it showed me that we are most certainly capable of creating beautiful photographs...
Right, I have had so much fun checking and choosing photos that I did not even realise the time (I normally need to be in bed by 10....) but since it is already Thursday here......I am publishing my Team Up Thursday post really early this morning...



3 comments:

  1. Aah, I'm SO pleased....I LOVE all the pics! Well done to both of us this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful how these challenges are stretching us all into doing things with our cameras that we would not normally. Well done on the challeng this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of your theme - those are difficult to capture as light is illusive!!!! Well done, TEAM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete