"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blog Your Heart - March

This is just a really short, quick little post ----- Actually a question:-
"Do you think that if we (as humans) stop doing the things that calm or feed our souls, we eventually become incapable, of doing those very things"...  I have been thinking a lot about my recent state of mind and loss of creative mojo and have realised that I had put off being creative....For me being creative (and that can be any number of things, from taking photos for TUM or decoupaging or sewing or scrapbooking - and in fact I have not done any scrap booking in almost two years), is an integral part of who I am - and that is not to say that I create the most amazing orginal things - I don't think I do, but for me it is the "doing" instead of the "result" which is important....
Anyway, I started to feel better, when I decided to knit myself a jersey - of all things....but once I had bought the wool and needles and pattern and started it...I began to feel a whole lot better....Now my only concern is - am I going to be able to finish the jersey before I get bored of knitting - I hope so....

2 comments:

  1. I don't think we become incapable of doing them but our creative muscle does atrophy. Exercising it again will restore its health. Good luck with your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently bought a book by Brene Brown called the Gift of imperfection. In this book she makes the following statement: "The only unique contribution that we will ever make in this world will be born of our creativity." If we want to make life have meanng we need to make art. Cook, write, draw, doodle, paint, scrapbook, take pictures, knit, sculp, dance decorate, act sing...it doesn't matter. As long as we're creating, we are cultivating meaning.

    ReplyDelete