"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, August 25, 2011

TUTT(+1) - Week 44 - Cycle

Pam's choice of theme this week - her picture up first...


Pam - How did I not guess or know that you were going to use the theme to showcase your new baby chicks that you have been talking about for weeks...I actually think I did wander how you would incorporate baby chicks into the theme....But my mind did not go to where yours so cleverly went...Sorry a slow week for me...



Mariette's picture next:-
Once again a lovely picture - Mariette you really do, do the "small part" or "less is more" type photo really well...I am so proud of you and I really like your photo this week - pop across to Mariette's blog and check out her other pictures this week - she says that she took LOADS of photos this week - a sure sign that she enjoyed the theme - Well Done

Claire - aced it this week...

She did cycle of life - specifically depicting motherhood...Claire's stepdaughter is 33 weeks pregnant with her first baby, so she was an ideal model for this weeks theme - Funny how the cycle works from babyhood - when you worry about is your baby too cold too hot, hungry/thirsty etc through the toddler stage, first day at school, leaving school through to where Claire finds herself with her own daughter - wanting to spread little wings and find their own place in the world...that is the way cycles work Claire....each phase with us for just  a short period of time and it seems like it all happens in the blink of an eye...Our relationships with our daughters are constantly changing and evolving, and that is the Cycle of Life....

Good luck to Kay on the arrival of your little bundle of joy in the next few weeks....and just remember to enjoy and treasure every moment - this is not advice that you will always find easy to take (none of us treasure each moment the way we know we should - well at least I know that I don't)....but really our children are little and dependant for such a short period of time..

Next to my talented TUTT(+1) friends...I really felt that my picture this week was quite boring....
It was actually my second best picture of the week...It is an ice cream bicycle - which I am fairly certain my ex-South African partners do not see in their new homes in Wales, England and America...So I hope I bought some fond childhood memories of long lazy summer days in SA...and I hope you went "AHHHHH" and smiled softly...I actually love this photo because it is a visual indication that summer is nearly here - Yay -to the end of winter...

My first photo should have been this:-

Ok, I know that you really can not see it clearly, so I will explain it...We had an outside braai (another summer thing) at Homestead Dam...We were sitting chatting and this older guy rode past on a UNICYCLE...I sat and chatted on and then some half an hour later he rode back - perfectly balancing along the bumpy track...Once he had past us...I shouted to Mike "That is a UNICYCLE - I need a picture" - grabbed my camera and ran, but alas he was already too far away..so I had to find an alternative...I actuallycropped this out of my chosen picture - so you see compared to what I should have had....my picture this week is pretty boring...I could say that I was a complete IDIOT, but I instead I am going to blame it on the sun and outdoors and lazy Saturday afternoon in the company of good food and good friends.....

Anyway, that is it from me for this week...I have chosen next week's theme...Should be interesting to see how we FACE the challenge...Lots of love



2 comments:

  1. People who can ride a unicycle really impress me. The skill and balance required are things I don't possess. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..can't remember when I last saw a Unicycle...or an ice cream bicycle for that matter...brings back memories of childhood.

    ReplyDelete