"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Friday, August 5, 2011

Team Up Thursday Trio +1 -Week 42 - Transport

I am so glad that this week is over - it was tough....Sorry my blog is late, .....
First and foremost - A very big welcome to Claire...Clarie is my longest standing friend who lives with her family in Wales....she was doing TUT with Andrea...who had Baby Elizabeth in June (I think) and TUT has been difficult for Andrea, what with Elizabeth making six in the family....So Claire makes four for us....
My theme this week was "Transport" chosen simply because, we had been to a Steam Train open day a couple of weeks ago and I had some lovely pictures ...
Like Pam, I had been carrying my camera with me this week ...We drive past the airport on our way to and from work...And I really wanted to capture a plane taking off or coming in to land - you know the kind of picture I wanted - sort of suspended between Heaven and Earth, with dusty horizon or sunset in the background  - The trouble with most of the "transport" I see, is that it is generally whilst I am being transported or transporting to or from wherever and motion makes for a very blurry pictures...So I am afraid - steam trains are all you will get from me this week...
I chose my picture because I liked the way the suns rays shine across the picture - I am not sure if this makes it a good or a bad photo - But it spoke to me...
Claire also chose steam trains - the miniature ride on variety and she makes the point (that TUTT made a few weeks ago) about boys and their toys....If you actually think about it - women think of it as TRANSPORT - Men think of it as TOYS - cars, boats, trains, motor bikes ...A lovely photo Claire - it captures the essence of the event and the person beautifully...

Poor Pam, drove around the whole week with her camera - expecting transport to happen...and transport avoided her all week....so on Tuesday - (circumstancially at the last minute - although by no means her fault) she ended up taking a picture of part of a one of two two-wheel horse carriages that sit in her back yard...Anyone who knows Pam, knows that horses are a love and a passion - so at this stage I guess having two horse carriages, makes up in some small measure about the lack of a horse or two or five - Don't worry Pam - I know that in time the horses will come to complete the picture...

Mariette's picture blew me away - it was not taken this week - but just fitted our theme so beautifully that Mariette asked if she could use it even though it was an old picture - It was taken about three years ago in Venice - I love the hustle and bustle in the picture and the colours are beautiful and subdued - like a watercolour painting - your words back to you Mariette - "YOU aced it" this week (well three years ago)..
All in all, I think we all took lovely pictures of our theme...Well done - I am loving the pictures and the  stories that we are telling around our TUTT(+1) pictures...It is wonderful to see how Mariette and I are jelling with our blogging strays...I am having FUN...
As I said it was tough week - no particular reason except that someone in my family is going through a torrid time and is being terribley oversensitive about lots of issues - Being oversensitive is my domain and I am not finding it easy to move aside, so someone else can try out that seat for a bit - But at the same time I have realised how difficult we make our own lives and everyone else's when we take things too personally... Interesting, how you can never actually tell someone what their actions/emotions do, but let them experience it...and their eyes open very quickly....
We have a challenging theme next week - Thanks Claire ... :-) ... we all agree that we love being behind the camera - but in front of it - well that is another story altogether...Wish us luck ---- Lots of love....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. And I know about oversensitivity: it's my middle name.

    ReplyDelete