"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, August 18, 2011

TUTT (+1) - Week 44 - Horses

It was Mariette's suggestion this week - and it turned out to be a lovely theme...
Mariette took photos of what she thinks is gypsey horses...Her photo shows a shy, gentle soul - Lovely...
Claire - was supposed to do a horse photo shoot on Monday - how convenient would that have been - but due to inclement weather...the photo shoot was cancelled and she rushed out today (in the pouring rain) to take this beautiful picture..

Pam (who is the horsiest amongst the four of us - the rest of us admit to varying degrees of afraidness)...said she had hundreds of photos to choose from - but that is not the point so she specifically went and took photos for this challenge - Well done Pam...A very different picture - for a lovely head shot - you will have to gallop over to Pam's blog...

Kayla-Fern has been horse riding since she was about four years old - I do believe that passions like horse riding or music are inherent... Mike and I have never done anything to sway Brad and Kayla-Fern's interests one way or another and Kayla-Fern is absolutely passionate about horses (Brad's passion is cricket)...Aunty Pam may have had some influence with Kayla-Fern at some stage, but I believe the passion was already there - waiting to be nurtured... I must admit to being a little scared of horses - they are just so big....
On Saturday, I took Kayla-Fern for her horseriding lesson and I took my camera with - Ideal opportunity, don't you think...Kayla-Fern was helping one of the other kids, by holding the horse, when the horse clumsily put his front foot down on Kayla-Fern's foot....Kayla-Fern screamed "Mommy, help -" - In my panic I grabbed Kayla-Fern and tried to wrench her from underneath the horses foot....HAHA...It seemed like I was pulling and tugging my crying child for an eternity...I guess it was really a couple of minutes...then a horse person rushed over and gently shouldered the horse off her foot - fortunately there was no real damage and Kayla-Fern was able to do her lesson and I took my photos...
Here is my chosen photo, chosen becacuse I love the "Less is More" element....
Some other pictures.....

Well, that is about me for tonight - It is still Thursday (only Just) so I did my post on time this week - Tomorrow is a special day....so we are celebrating with a special post - pop back and see what we are doing - We are still waiting for Pam to give us our theme for next week - but knowing Pam it will be fun (and challenging) and seeing how we are alldoing at the moment, I have no doubt that we will rise to the challenge and take some stunning pictures once again ...LOTS OF LOVE...

1 comment: