"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Friday, August 12, 2011

TUTT(+1) - Week 43 - Self Portrait

Because Claire was our newest member (and when she joined we already had a theme) - she had the honour of choosing a theme this week - SELF PORTRAIT......Gulp - I think this theme was tough on us all, (most of the time women feel awkward in front of the camera....)But what the heck Claire had chosen the theme and we had to do the best we could with it....
I am not sure who is more camera shy between Mariette and I....She thinks that I  pip her and I think that she pips me...But in any event, she took a lovely simple picture sitting on her couch, in her favourite black top with her Basset Hound on her lap...


I had Kayla-Fern's help (Thanks, angel-face)....I wore a lovely newly purchased top which I got on sale (winter sales are on here - means summer is close YAY) for R90-00 less 25% - that sure works for me....I think if I had to state what kind of style I follow - I think that "romantic gypsey" would be my description...this top sure is that...I know I am not smiling in this picture - I always think pictures of me where I am smiling look posed and cheesy - so this is an "accurate" picture of me...




Claire's photo is very clever - a real self portrait showing Claire doing one of the things she loves the most.....Claire had a really emotional week - I thought my week was bad last week, until I heard a bit about her week...(we need to talk my friend and soon), so she did not actually take a photo (in fact I doubt if she even picked up her camera)...she used one that she had taken before....





I love Pam's photo this week - Pam took a photo of a photo of herself her black horse - Johnny Walker Black..then she added her wedding band and little buttons of R and A for Ryan and April - She said that all three elements (the horse, the wedding band and the buttons) make up part of her essence...Yes, Pam those things are all you....But the photo also tells me about your love of flowers or all things green....The flowers also symbolise the country and the outdoors AND your love for simple pretty things...Your picture this week tells a real Pam story...

Here are some more (rare) photos of me - taken only because I had the camera out anyway....


Well, that is pretty much me this week - it was an interesting week - and along with Self Portrait came lots of self searching and analysing - I was originally tempted to paste a picture of some beautiful woman onto a paper bag and put that over my head for my self portrait, but that would not really have been right...and when I thought about who I would choose as the picture - I realised that I do not want to be anyone else but me and to all my TUT(+1) partners - remember we are all beautiful - no-one has the right to tell us anything different....And I hope that we are all learning that lesson and passing it on to our daughters......
Next week (Mariette chose the theme) and we will be "horsing" around....Do hop along to Mariette's/Claire's and Pam's blogs sometime on the weekend - it is always fun to read what other people have to say on the same topic....

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see pictures of you! You have a sweet face and a lovely smile. Your hair is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we did this post this week - love and hugs Me x

    ReplyDelete