"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, September 4, 2011

TUTT(+1) - Week 45 - Faces

I'm so confused - I really am not sure if we are on week 45 or week 47 - don't even ask me where week 46 went...Oh well...Seems Hurricane Irene managed to confuse Pam as well as disrupting her life and electricity a little bit...Pam thought it was Mariette's theme this week and managed to convince Claire that it was Mariette's theme...Confusion reigns..
It was my theme this week - FACES - When I suggested the theme, I knew exactly what I wanted to do...Get really creative with fruit and vegetables...Well my creative talent does not really run to the masterpieces that I imagined I could create - after all my limit when it comes to faces is smiley faces { :-) }, often with a somewhat crooked smile...So that is exactly what I did - smiley faces on eggs...It was a lot simpler then I though it would be, and I loved the results.
Claire's is of her four girls, all together last year for the first time since Claire and Lance and Meagan and Skyla left for Wales....
This is what she says...
"When Christy was visiting last year I took the opportunity to take loads of photo's of the four girls as they were all together and hadn't been since we left South Africa.  You can imagine by the second week they were a little sick of all the posing so decided to prank me!  When I said SMILE they had decided to pull funny faces - what they didn't know is that I kept my finger on the trigger and kept shooting!  I have a LONG series of wonderful photo's and it was so difficult to choose!  This cheered Lance and I up so much this week.  We decided that they were worthy of printing and framing for our new TV Room!  They will hate us but we will have a chuckle EVERY DAY!"
Isn't it a really fun photo - Nice to look at these kinds of photos - never fails to cheer us up.
Go read Claire's blog to find out what else she has done with this photo - Awww - revenge (on her girls for messing around) is sweet...
Mariette took a beautiful photo of Maxine, whilst she was engrossed in her nintendo...Look at the total concentration on that little face - well done Mariette (I see you are also starting to take more photos in black and white - it give a totally different effect doesn't it)....Mariette says that she did not originally intend to use Maxine as her subject - go check her blog out for other wild faces...


Hurricane Irene swept past Pam's part of the world - lots of wind, some rain and left them without electricity - cold showers and stuff UGHHH...Anyway Pam, even though with your normal busy life and the aftermath of Irene.....you still managed to get a photo done - even though it was a little bit late...It was well worth the wait - we knew it would be...Pam's photo is of pizza box from Capone's Pizzeria - well done...
Pam's blog is very interesting this week - she talks about a change in legislation in her part of the world and it ties up to our theme and her photo very nicely this week...Go read it... I must admit I had a lots of fun with the theme this week...here are some more pics...
Anyway...this post is already very late...And I have someone nagging to use "GOOGLE" so I must dash...Next week there are no grey areas - only WHITE...
Lots of love


3 comments:

  1. You were so original with this challenge...well done on your fun faces.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amusing and interesting post. And those egg-faces are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to echo Lynette's comment - very original and cute - love your eggie faces. I like the pictures Claire took of her girls.

    Hope you're having a grand week so far.

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete