"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, September 22, 2011

TUTT - Week 49 - Daily

  

YAY...The whole stadium was in an absolute uproar....Mexican Waves and Cheering - Never in the history of sport has there been such excitement over one simple event...The Stadium goes quiet, as I prepare for this, the ultimate event of anyone's career, SILENCE.....The absolute concentration AND THEN IT HAPPENS - the stadium erupts in a single gasp of adoration.....I have just won the.....OH NO not really - just managed to get my blog done on time this week....
Pam suggested our theme this week "Daily" - a really simple challenge...just find something that you do, see or hear daily....One of my initial thoughts was BREAD as in "Give us this day, our daily bread"....I am glad that I did not actually go that route because Pam did...
Pam says that they bake bread every morning and if coffee is the morning fix for other people, then this is hers.....Add some "slap chips" (French Fries) and make a chip boetie and you can not really find higher comfort food, can you....
I went in another direction totally....
If Pam has her daily bread - I have my daily tempation - this is one of four vending machines at work and I pass this one every morning on my way to my desk - I made the mistake once of giving it my phone number and now it calls me - ALL THE TIME.....yes, that is why we were taught not to give our telephone numbers to strangers....The biggest temptation is peanuts or peanuts and raisins and if the vending machine is well stocked and I happen to have some change - well the vending machine is a definate winner...fortunately, more often then not, Kayla-Fern cleans me out of all small change, so quite often the vending machine is the ultimate loser....
Mariette, also went in a totally different direction then Pam and I ....

I absolutely love this picture Mariette - the colours and the depth and the interest in this picture is AWESOME....I love it for the same reasons that I loved your transport picture (of the busy "intersection" in Venice) and then there is some added attraction to the picture that I really can not place...I also love your message about, missing out on so much of the beauty the God has created, just because we are so busy rushing around in our daily lives....For that reason the empty park bench in this photo is a critical element and also makes it a slightly sad photo, until you realise that we do have the choice and we can make the time to sit on a park bench and take pictures - just like you did Mariette....To take time out to catch our breath and notice the beuaty around us, is not always easy, but when we do it, it is well worth the effort it took and we come away feeling refreshed and restored....
Claire has decided not to join us for a while, so we are back to TUTT (+1) - please note, the +1 is still there - missing but not forgotten...so hopefully you will be with us again soon Claire...Miss you my dear friend....
That is my post for this week - Short and Sweet, but at least on time...I suggested our theme next week - we need to go back to our roots and re-discover our HERITAGE...Hope it will be fun and interesting....Remember, to take time out to appreciate and savour all the wonderful sights and sounds around us, is in your control  - JUST DO IT....I have taken a few days off and fully intend to follow my own advise...
Lots of love


2 comments:

  1. Amazing how each of you interpreted this so differently. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a great chuckle at your opening ... just love it. I so enjoy your pictures and how each of you interpret the challenge.

    Hope you enjoy your few days off and just savour it. I need to do that some time soon.

    Hope your weekend is fabulous

    ReplyDelete