"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, January 29, 2012

TUM - Week 4 - Art

It was my theme this week - and boy, oh boy did I struggle....The thing is I can not remember what I wanted to photograph when I suggested the theme and then could think of nothing that suited the theme as well as my original idea, which has been lost somewhere in the maze if my mind's filing system...Anyway, I eventually settled and actually was quite pleased with the way my pics turned out...I was the last to send my photo through to everyone this week, but it seems I am the first to do my blog...
My photos is of artwork, hanging in our house...This particular drawing is one (of two) that I bought from some guy at a shopping mall many years ago - I think I paid about R20-00 each - when we framed them, the frames cost a lot more then the actual pictures...
Next up we have Mariette - she was the first to send her picture through this week - sent it through on Thursday, because Maxine was poorly and she was expecting a sleep deprived Thursday night and so wanted to ensure she at least got her picture through to us...Happily, her concerns were unfounded and she did have a good night's sleep and Maxine seemed on the mend on Friday - I do hope she is now 100% Mariette.  Mariette's picture is of her Banksia vase which she bought when her and Trev were in Austrailia last year...Check her blog out, to read more about her vase....
Claire says she loved the way her photo turned out - she fell in love with an antique sewing machine and loves the detail - it is very pretty...

Claire is busy updating her blog - it is looking lovely - totally different, and already I can hardly remember what the old one looked like, and I miss it - not necessarily because it is nicer then the new look, just different and I was used to "Me (Claire), finding inspiration in everyday moments", now she is "Finding Me (Claire) - Inspiration for the Soul" - slightly different but very different...and finding oneself is our true journey...
Finally, we have Pam's wonderful arty picture...

Do you see what it is???
A fun exercise...take a picure of cracks in the sidewalk, find a picture in the cracks and embellish the picture - Fun, Clever, Artsy and Creative - just like Pam..I am sure if you check Pam's blog she will tell you more about the excercise and as always, it will be wonderful.
Some of my other pics this week: -
The partner to Mr Lion - Mrs Tiger and Kids - ok, so I know that it is not a great photo in terms of lighting in fact it is probably a bad photo, but I liked the varying degrees of darkness - That to me is ART itself...I also love the picture, the cubs playing and mom's patient expression captured in a drawing....

No words needed here - also a picture bought years ago, and one that has been treasured every single day...It is almost as though the artist used our old German Shepherd (Flag) as his model..We Can not look at this picture and not be reminded of a very special, loyal and faithful friend, who is still loved and missed, every day....It is also uncanny, that Romanni who was born in the same month that Flag died, looks so similair and has so much of his charecter - always makes me wander about reincanation...

We had a busy weekend, with a 2km swim for me (Midmar is two weeks away)....followed by "mental training" for most of the members of the Midmartian teams....
Mental Training - Railway coffee (coffee with condensed milk) and scones or breakfast and talking nonsense about how we are going to manage this race....all in good fun...
For those of you who don't know, the Midmar Mile is a mile (1.6km) open water swim, in a dam, that takes place in Feb in the Natal Midlands South Africa every year....This will be my third Midmar Mile, but it is the first year that we are doing it as a team event and the first year that Bradley and Mike are swimming...
My elements for Midmar are as follows: -
1.  Decent physical training
2.  A tailing off of the physical training about a week before, with a short (about 250m) swim on the Wednesday before, just to remind myself that I can actually swim
2.  Mental Training as listed above
3.  An Appletiser a day for the week before Midmar
4.  Toast and peanut butter on the morning of the race.
If any of the above elements are missing, then I do not believe I can achieve Midmar.

Today Kayla-Fern participated in her first competitive training show...She jumped a clear round of 60cm jumps, and got called to the JUMP OFF....out of a showing of nine participants she came sixth - We are sooooo proud of her -  and she had so much fun and that is what it is all about...
Anyway, I think I have waffled enough for one week - I need to get Kayla-Fern to bed and Brad wants to use the computer and then I have some ironing to do and some other chores, so until next time...Next week's theme is SHAPES....and I still want to do a Blog you Heart - January post....ho ho ho...Lots of love  .....

3 comments:

  1. Well done and good luck - so glad you are enjoying Midmar - so glad Mike and Bradley are joining you and thrilled for Kayla-Fern. Wishing you a lovely week - I will be sat at the PC most nights so please don't forget our skype date. Hugs me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on this theme. I love the cracked sidewalk and the face that is hidden in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for you on the swim - you are very very brave. And well done two her on the jumping.

    ReplyDelete