"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, January 22, 2012

TUM - Week 2 - French

Our theme last week was French...AND I am so very late with it...Mariette updated first, and then sent out a very gentle little nag (which we all deserved) -

"Consider yourselves all told off"

Pam suggested the theme - she took a lovely vibrant photo of French Breakfast Radishes....I did not know that they existed, but I think there is lots in the fruit and vegetable world that Pam is more knowledgeable about then I am .... Fruit and Vegetables is after all her business...
Claire was so excited about her new hero -  Sylvain Guenot - a french photographer, that she took a photo of the work of his hero Jean Loup Sieff (another French photographer) - and sent it to us early...(Like nearly a whole week early).....Lovely picture Claire:-
Mariette's picture has a story - her picture is of her favourite French brand of soap....
She says "yes, I have a thing for soaps (from when I was little!) It's funny, I never buy any fancy soaps for myself, but I love having them bought for me - particularly lavender"
Mariette was not sure if she was completely happy with her picture - but I think it is a cute picture Mariette and I love the personal symbolism of it...
We have friends who have French poodles....they (the poodles) were champion models, exaclty as I would expect anyone French to be...
I chose this picture of Toby over all the others, because he is what is called a champagne which is quite rare...Kayla-Fern pointed out that if he was a horse - he would be a "chestnut"
 
 
This is Toby's father - "Buster"
Don't you just love the crossed paws....
 
To finish with - here is another one of Toby....I think by now he had had enough of being my model....


1 comment: