"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, January 22, 2012

TUM - Week 3 - Night

"Night" was Claire's theme....
I am putting Mariette's picture first, as the winning photo for this week....It is absolutely amazing...Mariette says that she is really chuffed with it (you have every right to be chuffed with it Mariette) - she has not touched it up in any way - she just managed to catch the reflections like that - Well done Mariette

Claire's photo is also great - taken from the car one night on the way home from Cardiff - the only light is from the headlights...

Pam went for night time comfort...Her favourite pair of night time shoes - and a very important and valued part of her nighttime unwinding ritual - well done Pam - Lovely idea and a photo which makes me smile...

I found this week's theme, interesting and challenging...I love my little Cannon Powershot, I really do, but I still have so much to learn about the technical side of photography that taking "true" photos of night, was unobtainable for me...but with the use of the flash and standing far back from my subject, I did achieve some interesting effects (amongst several, photos of black nothingness...) I like the way the flash has lit up the foreground here and then it fades into blackness...
Here is another interesting photo - I still used the flash but stood quite far back from our hanging bird feeder...

Kayla-Fern has night time issues...Bradley is like me, when he is tired he says good night and goes to bed and straight to sleep....As Brad has gotten older, he requires less sleep so generally (during school time) - he is sent to bed at around nine, but he still settles quickly and sleeps deeply until the next morning - not much disturbs him once he is asleep...
Kayla-Fern is a totally different story - I generally start asking her to go and brush teeth and get ready for bed around quarter past eight (during school time) and if she is in bed by half past eight, she falls asleep relatively quickly - although she is a very light sleeper and will often wake once or twice during the night...If she does not get to sleep before quarter to nine... she can not fall asleep - she does all the right things, lies quitely with her eyes closed, but sleep will elude her until gone ten, then she starts panicing and crying because she is afraid that she won't be able to get up in time for school the next morning and then of course sleep becomes even more impossible...I find it so difficult not to get angry with her, because I know that it is really not her fault....BUT it is hard, because I know that we are going to have a tough time the next morning and the day is going to be a long one for her....
 Anyway, I am going to start doing my Blog your Heart, but it is getting quite late - so if I don't finish tonight - I will finish soon, so check back .....
OH - Our theme next week was chosen by me - "ART" - I can't even remember why I chose that topic, but I guess I can take a photo of anything, after all "ART is in the eye of the beholder" - OH no, that is "BEAUTY" - OH Heck - Think I might struggle with this one....

4 comments:

  1. Love and miss you my friend - lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your concern, buddy. I didn't post last week because work was too demanding and I only post when I have something valuable to say. Without enough time or energy, I couldn't do that.

    It never occurred to me that anyone would miss or even notice my absence, but you're the third person to remark on it. It's nice to be reminded that people actually read my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Linda-Maree. Maxine is the same...some nights falls asleep straight away, but most nights is awake gone 10, and then up at 5 some mornings. Just don't know how she does it!

    ReplyDelete