"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Top Ten Favourite Movies....

This is just a quick little bit of light hearted fun - bonus post...
I love movies, although if we watch movies at home, I generally fall asleep in them....and/or I cry in them....Mike gets a bit frustrated when I fall asleep and Brad and Kayla-Fern never cease to be amazed that I can watch the last fifteen minutes of a movie and end up crying...I cry if the movie is sad, happy, cute whatever...My mom always used to tell me, that when I was three, we watch "Born Free" together....and all through the movie - I cried....I cried because Elsa (the lioness) was going to be bitten by a snake and I cried at a whole lot of other things....Elsa did not die in this movie, but at the end my mom thought - "Thank goodness the movie is over, Linda-Maree will stop crying"...Well guess what, I burst into tears because it was finished...That is just me....
Anyway, my top ten movies are: - Only the first one is in order...the rest are just as I thought about them...
Pay It Forward - My all time favourite - (with Helen Hunt - I love her) I cry every time I watch it
I Am Sam - (With Sean Penn) - Beautiful story - I cry every time I watch it
Sotheby (with Richard Gere and Jodi Foster) - Fairly old movie and not one that was huge at the box office (I don't think)- but a really good story...I might have cried in it
A Perfect World - (with Kevin Costner) - also not a well known movie but a moving story - I think I cried
Dances with Wolves (Keven Costner) - a lovely classic
The Patriot (with Mel Gibson) - Mel Gibson is my favourite actor - This movie has lots of brutality in it, but shows, a man's conflicting beliefs and actions in a time of war - some humorous moments and very touching moment - one when his little daughter (who is autistic) says to him "I will say anything you want, just don't go" - Well - I cried....
What Women Want - (with Helen Hunt and Mel Gibson - again - very cute funny movie - I did not cry.
Indecent Proposal - (with Demi Moore and Robert Redford) - Thought provoking - made me think about what different people would do for money, why and the effect it has on them and the people around them...I did not cry
Ghost - (with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze) - Lovely movie
The Green Mile (with Tom Hanks) - Based on a novel by Stephen King - This is not a horror...It is a drama I guess, Stephen King has got to be one of the most talented authors of our time...I have no idea where he gets his ideas from, but it must be be very interested and sometimes frightening to have that much imagination.
There are of course many others, which I have loved...but these are the ones that I can watch over and over again....
Lots of love

1 comment:

  1. Add me for "The Green Mile" Another 2 I love - "As good as it gets" and "Moulin Rouge"

    ReplyDelete