"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Team Up Thursday Trio - Week 40 - Toys

So now from a partnership we have a trioship...Mariette’s choice this week was “TOYS’...
Mariette’s picture this week is of Maxine’s little sister Myrrill, who goes EVERYWHERE with them. Maxine always refers to her as 'her little sister, which Mariette says that she has needed to clarify on several occasions!
Myrrill was given to Maxine by a school friend, who gave it to her because she knew how much Maxine loved Pokemon...it was originally Emily's, given to her by her brother. Mariette says that she really appreciates how kind and accepting some of Maxine’s friends are….
I fully believe that it is essential for a child to feel accepted by their peers – Brad is my example  - I watched our happy go lucky, cheerful, sensitive little person go to a subdued, negative and depressed individual...It was an incredibly worrying time. And the more I tried to advise him by telling him ----don’t take notice of what other people think/ignore the kids that are mean to you and learn to be yourself and like yourself and if other people don’t like it- it is their loss – the more I realised that I had not yet fully learnt those lessons, so how could I expect a 12 year old to learn something that I only learnt much later in my life --- Fortunately, he found himself and now he is amongst one of the best liked kids in his grade – particularly with girls which at his age is great
Mariette also chose this particular picture as it shows Trev’s toys in the background – his RC cars…Which brings us to Pam’s picture….
Earlier in the week I e-mailed Pam to find out how things were going and if she had managed to take any pictures of toys….she responded that she is BUSY and said “I had the kids work on something for me and photograph it, they did a pretty good job so you can say I outsourced it!  But who better to photograph the topic really? “  What a clever idea-on all levels – firstly to outsource something that is going to be difficult timewise for you to achieve, secondly for acknowledging the best person/people to outsource to in this case were the very people that play with toys, and thirdly for giving the kids an exercise which kept them busy for a time and out of her hair so that she could carry on with other things....And I am sure that the whole exercise enhanced Ryan and April’s confidence, because mom trusted them and ACCEPTED that they were big enough, clever enough and creative enough to do something for her ---- Well done Pam

I also have to agree with Pam’s comment regarding her chosen picture ” ....  some Nerf bullets, a metal detecter, a jet and some trains which leads me to think that actually, boys toys don't really change!”   I absolutely know that Mariette and I can relate to that 100% - they just get more expensive don’t they????
Did you see how clever Pam's picture really is --- -Mariette did not until she had looked at the picture three times....then she e-mailed us and said "Ha ha -Very clever"...to which I e-mailed "HuH - did I miss something" - It took Mariette e-mailing me "Did you not see "TOYS" for me to see it - Clearly yesterday was a "slow" day....Now that I have seen it - I wander how I could have missed it...
My picture this week is of “Google” – he was Kayla-Fern’s birthday present from Omie and Gramps (my mom and dad) last year.  He is special because he will always be one of many reminders of my mom – Always remember Kayla-Fern that no matter what – Omie will always be with you, because you carry her in your heart....
Kayla-Fern reminded me on Tuesday night that her birthday is 13 days away – which means that in just under two weeks (1st August) Google will be a year old and Kayla-Fern will be ten – Where does the time go.....
Anyway – that is all from me this week – next week  Pam has chosen to stay in July (I know that we will still be in July)...it should be interesting to see how all three of us interpret that theme from our three corners of the world...OH, Heidi – I just wanted to say Thank you for lending us your sister – I sense she will be a breath of fresh air – and rest assured that when you are ready to start up again – you may have her back – except we may also decide to keep her – so she will just have to do double duty every week – so Pam be warned – Of course – three weeks  down the line we might discover that we hate being a trioship, or we could all have a terrible arguement and never want to speak to each other again...That may happen, but I doubt it....Lots of love....

3 comments:

  1. Nice window into the lives of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stories of the soft toys and the relationships the children have with them.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - well done all of you! If you fancy an extra bod for a while - one's going spare!

    ReplyDelete