"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Friday, June 3, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 34 - Yellow

Our theme this week was YELLOW - Thanks Mariette it was great theme - I was totally amazed at how much yellow stuff I saw - from a motorbike to a hummer to Kayla-Fern's hair clip - the only thing I did not see was a yellow subamarine...but I will keep my eyes open and if I do see one - I will let you know...Once again, I realised how wonderful TUT is in making us more aware of our surroundings...In McDonalds speak "I'm lovin' it"

My pic first this week - I have always loved it when Mariette take a less is more or part picture type photo, so I tried it this week - I am so happy with the resulting photo, that it is my chosen pic for this week:

I love this item - and is he just not the most photogenic happy subject that any photographer can wish for...If you can not figure out what the item is from this picture, my objective has been achieved - And you will have to read to the end of the post to see the big picture....




Mariette's photo is also bright and cheerful and so pretty ....
She says that it is a rapeseed plant (rapeseed is used to make oil - healthy oil, like olive oil) and once a year in May the fields are ablaze with yellow...Mariette I like the way you have captured the one flower in the foreground, sharp and in focus andthen the field of flowers are fuzzy and fade into the background - I know that this is depth of field....but don't think I have been able to achieve it with any of my photos yet - truth be told, I do not know how to achieve this effect, so it is one thing I have not played with - In fact I have been too nervous to play with the settings of my camera and generally just use the automatic feature - One day - I will play with manual settings - I promise...
Here are some of the other yellow things that I found this week:-

Mielies or corn on the cob






A yellow tiger moth - part of Mike's model aeroplane collection - a bit dusty at the moment from all the building - but things will start getting cleaned up this weekend




 A yellow fluffy toy...








Pretty yellow flowers - Don't you love the clear blue sky - a  typical sky for a winters day in Gauteng South Africa...
A fridge magnet from Scooter's pizza

A yellow jug that Kayla-Fern made for me in pre-school....next to a pretty decorative plate
I know that my post this week was a day late - It is cold here in Johannesburg and the choice was sitting by the heater in the lounge keeping warm...or going to the cold study to do my post - Guess which option was preferable....The only two participants of Team Up Thursday who were on time this week were Mariette (well done partner - thanks for keeping the flag flying) and Andrea (Claire's partner) who said on her post "Claire and I are determined to keep our TUT running despite baby's imminent arrival so although today's post is late at least it is still here :0)" and guess what...the imminent baby has arrived - Welcome Elizabeth Lyn and congratulations to Andrea and family...I am so looking forward to seeing lots of lovely photos...
Anyway, Claire, thanks for doing your post {due to my lecture :-)} - Pam, hope to see yours soon....
Ok so now are you all ready for the big picture: -
Did any of you guess?????
That's it from me this week - next week we are staying with colours, and I am tickled pink....Lots of love


 

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. I love closeups that obscure the origin of an image. They reveal insights otherwise hidden in our assumptions about things.

    No, I didn't guess it was a mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda-Maree, hope you're having an awesome weekend. I'll adopt you - although I'm not quite "down the road". I think the hardest for me of family oversees is my eldest daughter - boy it's hard and the time difference drives me nuts.

    I read your comment on Lynette's blog about the WIWT or OOTD photos and must admit I still feel really silly most days taking my photos and posting them, but I so love the encouragement and when you feel you look awful and someone says it's not as bad ... it's fun though and great to look back and see how your style is always evovling and developing.

    Hugs to you ...

    ReplyDelete