"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Red - Week 36

We stayed with colour this week - Mariette chose Red...the colour of danger, passion and love.  Also the colour of Manchester United and Liverpool - no I am not a follower of football, but some things are just general knowledge {well I did have to check with Mike if Man United or Liverpool were red - I am not sure if the fact that they both are makes me super clever or super dumb???? :-)}
Red was also my mom's favourite colour and when my brothers and I were growing up, we never ate a red sweet - those were strictly reserved for mom cos she did not eat any other colour sweets....Isn't it strange how odd little facts from our childhood crop up at the most unexpected times...
Mariette's picture first -  She was away for an extended weekend and she said she suggested the theme because she thought she would see lots of red cars - she did see lots of red cars, but did not take any pictures of them - so she had to improvise when she got home and took a lovely photo of delicious red strawberries - YUM...



I did not see many "red" things during the course of the week, so I was a bit concerned by last night, BUT when I got home...Brad had built a super duper scaletrics (spelling) track and guess what - We have a little red mini cooper scaletrics car...Isn't it cute?



I collect fancy tins and remembered this beauty which originally had delicious biscuits (Arnotts is an Austrailian brand) in it and since has contained a number of things - currently it holds ground coffee...It is one of my favourite tins


I have just finished reading a Jodi Piccoult book - I love her writing - but that means the book is read (red) (ha ha) and isn't it funny how read and read, windy and windy and live and live, are all spelt the same but are pronounced differently and have different meanings - And more amazingly, our brains just know which meaning and pronounciation to pick when seeing the same word...The power of our brains never ceases to amaze me.
I think that is it from me this week - join us next week for tea and scones or coffee and cake....Lots of love

OH...P.S. - I seriously want to start doing more then just TUT based postings...am thinking of joining the WIWT (What I Wore Today) clan (I would feel a bit strange  about posting pictures of myself in clothes...better then not in clothes I suppose.  I did feel strange about TUT postings in the beginning and now it feels perfectely normal) and perhaps I would do other postings/ramblings of interest...It probably would never become a daily updated blog - but could be fun none the less...I am just not sure whether to incorporate it into "I Believe" or start a new blog - I will keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment