"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 35 - Pink

I chose the theme this week…
My Aunt (my mom’s sister) visited a few weeks ago from Zimbabwe…she had made each of my mom’s granddaughters beautiful outfits for their baby dolls…And amongst the clothes that Kayla-Fern received for Sarah, were some lovely pink outfits…
Mariette’s picture is of a pink rose in their garden – the first rose of the year....A very pretty picture Mariette – Roses are always such willing subjects…
Although, I had planned to do my picture and post about Kayla-Fern and her Baby Born – Sarah,  in her new pink outfit, I changed my mind.  I walked past a collegue having a smoke break on Monday – and I noticed her foot apparel …I had to have a picture of them – She very kindly obliged – It was nearly home time – AND this shows just how she was feeling…
Aren’t the boots stunning though – I mentioned to her that as much  as I love them, I could never buy pink boots, because I could not justify the cost versues how many times I would wear them, and she admitted that she paid R33-00 for them five years ago - Now that is my kind of bargain.
Just a little note – when I go clothes shopping for myself – I try to equate each rand to one wearing – i.e. if an item is R100-00, I need to wear it at least 100 times – this way of shopping is limiting, but it does stop “impulse” buying most of the time.
Here is a picture of Sarah and her mommy – Sarah is wearing one of her pretty pink dresses knitted for her with lots of love by Aunty Heather (Kayla-Fern's GREAT Aunt,)from Zimbabwe, Kayla-Fern is wearing a pink, lace poncho that I bought for myself for R50-00 – I guess I am going to have to share it.

I absolutely treasure photos like this that show my little girl being a little girl – She is growing up and all too soon these precious moments will be gone for good…Proof that she is growing up, was evident this week – She has decided that she wants to have her hair cut – not short, but still – It is not so much about the hair, but more about what she said to Mike…Not “will you be upset IF I have my hair cut” or “Are you upset that I am thinking about having my hair cut”, - No she said – “Daddy, are you upset that I am going to have my hair cut” – that’s it decision made whether daddy is upset or not…
Another Kayla-Fern-ism from this week:-
I was complaining because she and her brother are always fighting…It really upsets me, just like it used to upset my mom when my brothers and I used to fight ALL THE TIME….Anyway, she turned to me and said “Mommy, just remember that even when we are fighting, we still love each other on the inside” …
Well that is almost my post for today – EXCEPT to tell all my wonderful readers that I can not leave messages on your blogs (for some stupid reason)….so…here are the messages I would have left on your blogs this week: -
Mariette – I am sorry I missed you around by not sending my picture through yesterday – I was feeling so terrible that I left work early and when I got home, I climbed into bed and that was me…for the rest of the day – It was what I needed thought cos today I am feeling much better.
Guys, if Mariette does not get to do her post this week – It is all my fault…I knew she was going to France today and I did not send my photo to her yesterday, so that she could do her post before going away…Mariette – I hope you have a wonderful, lovely fantastic break – You deserve it….
Wendy…Thanks for adopting me – Are the adoptee and adopter allowed to meet at some stage, even though we are not down the road – we could still do coffee occasionally – Irene Country Market sounds like it could be a good meeting place (or is my geography of Pretoria really bad?)
Ally – I am so enjoying your blog and love Dear Ally…Keep up the good work – It would be nice if you could add TUT sometime as well …Choose a partner and join in – It is good fun….
Pam/Heidi – Hope to see a TUT post from you guys this week (ok lecture over)…
Claire – You are not in trouble (you never were) my dear, sweet friend, I just really enjoy your postings – You and Andrea are excused this week if you did not do TUT, AND if you did – well then I am SUPER IMPRESSED….
Lynette – I love your layouts…Always.
Well that’s it from me – We are staying with colour next week and no I am not seeing RED because of it…
Lots of love

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading my blog! I'm honored and flattered. And thanks for the sweet comment today; it is touching. I'm also enjoying the nice atmosphere of your blog: your kind personality pervades it.

    ReplyDelete