"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 26 - I think - Clouds

Good Morning everyone - well yes, I think my head is definately in the clouds at the moment....To all those who tried to read my post on Thursday morning with morning coffee (America) and if you came back later on Thursday and or Friday or whenever - Sorry....We had Brad's prizegiving for sport and culture on Thursday evening (when I normally do my post) and by the time we had done that and gone out for a celebration dinner - It was late and when we got home, we just crashed....By the way we went to sleep as very proud parents - our son is achieving so well, it has taken lots and lots of work - but he is making it....
I actually want to concentrate a little bit this week on "TIME" - Someone once told me that the two things in the world that are infinite are the two things in the world that humans have the least of - TIME and SPACE - so true in my case on both
I sometimes feel guilty because there does not seem to be enough time to spend as much time as want with Brad and Kayla-Fern and there is never enough time to spend all the time I want with Mike.....and it seems even the time that I spend with the people I care about most is always compromised, because I am always thinking about other things that need to be in done in that time... How does everyone else manage???
The part that worries me most is that Brad and Kayla-Fern will be all grown up one day, then will not have time for Mike and I - I think of the words of the song by Cat Stevans (Cat's in the Cradle)....
1st Verse
A child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch and bills to pay
He learned to walk while I was away
And he was talking before I knew and as he gre
He said, "I'm gonna be like you Dad
You know Im gonna be like you"
Chorus
And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the monn
When you comin homd, Dad, I don't know when
But we'll get together then,
You know we'll have a good time then.
Last Verse
I've long since retired, my son's moved away
I called him up just the other day
I said "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
He said "I'd love to Dad, if I could find the time
You see my new jobs a hassle and the kids have the flu
But it's sure nice talking to you, Dad
It's been sure nice talking to you..."
And as I hung up the phone, it occured to me
He'd grown up just like me,
My boy was just like me....
Makes you think doesn't it...
Anyway, our theme this week was clouds - chosen by Mariette.  I really enjoyed doing the theme - and took lots of pictures - we had storm clouds this week which made for some really dramatic pictures, this is the top of my shortlist of three: -

Mariette's picture is lovely: -
Compared to my picture, which is dramatic and "hard", Mariette's picture is somehow gentler, the clouds look soft and happy....
Here are my second choice picture and a picture Mike took in the early morning - flying in a microlight...

Well, that is my post for this week - Hope you enjoyed it
Lots of love


No comments:

Post a Comment