"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 24 - Buildings

It was my choice of theme this week.....
We both chose pictures of a church as our chosen picture...
I like Mariette's photo - that window is stunning and the slightly green tinged walls...Lovely - Well done..
You can see that the church is old, and that just adds to it''s beauty..Mariette says it is St Andrew's church in Great Billing and that it has peaceful gardens...
A friend of mine is going through a rough, negative patch and I was saying to her yesterday, that she needs to find something to "feed her soul" - I guess we all need to feed our souls and once we have done so, we feel restored and able to carry on with the challenges of life...Perhaps sitting in the gardens of a church is one way to do it...You would certainly be close to God and what better way to find peace.

My photo is also of a church (in fact most of my photos were)....There really is something tranquil and peaceful about churches especially old ones...I chose this picture because of it's prettiness...It may be a bit of a cheat because it is not a picture that I took this week...This church was up the road from where my mom was in hospital...I asked Mike to stop to take photos one Saturday afternoon after visiting hours, (it was our photo challenge Week 11 - Walls) because I had seen a very interesting wall from the street - see below...
We spent about an hour and a half just taking photos and enjoying the peace and tranquility..I wish that I could have taken my mom to see it...


My other favourite photo is also of a church - they say a picture speaks 1000 words and I think that this week all the pictures speak for themselves
So, I think that is my post for this week...I think that I am grateful this week that I believe that peace is the lack of troubles, but rather the ability to meet the troubles and deal with them with peace in our hearts...I hope that makes sense..

No comments:

Post a Comment