"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Friday, February 25, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 22 - Garden Features

Hello------I can not believe how quickly this week has flown - It seems like only minutes ago that I did last week's post...Hee Hee....
Seriously though - Can you believe that another week has passed and February 2011 is almost history ...
I have missed doing my blog the last two weeks....I really think that I need my weekly posts to keep some balance in my life....
Anyway, my choice for this week's theme was "Garden Features".....
I like Mariette's choice....it kind of has a Japanese feel to it...which is enhanced by the bamboo and the bridge in the backgroound...
I have seen some really beautiful garden features....BUT my chosen picture this week, just had to be this one - this little gnome is really old and there is evidence (if you look closely) of neglect and damage....AND yet he still looks cheerful and happy...I am reminded again how powerful a postivie attitude is...I am also reminded that no matter where we are in our lives there are so many people worse off then we are....and I am trying to reaffirm, to always try and kind to other people (no matter how much they may irritate me or anger me or hurt me), because I have no idea of what their journey is or where they are at this exact moment and their actions may just be because of some difficulty they are going through - I guess what I am trying to say, is that we should never judge another person or treat them badly because they treated us badly and sometimes on a particular day, a friend, lover, partner, child, parent, work collegue or even a complete stranger may not have a smile of their own, so we should try to give them one of ours----It won't make us poorer in any way, it may even make us richer...
So little gnome, I am going to print you and frame you and put you next to the front door  so that anyone in my family can take one of your smiles, if they don't have their own one morning.....
That's my post for this week - I do hope it was worth the wait....See you soon...Lots of love....

1 comment: