"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Friday, February 25, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 21 - Landscapes (Catch Up)

Hello ....Well what a crazy two weeks I've had...First of all I have been busy, busy busy at work and home - so my blog took a bit of a back seat....Then secondly I managed to lock myself out of my blog...so could not do an update any way...But everything is back on track now....
Our theme for Week 21 was Landscapes - suggested by Mariette for Week 20, and then she kindly changed it and we made it for Week 21 - suited me cos we went away for the weekend to a very scenic part of SA - Natal Midlands, the primary reason we went, was for me to swim the Midmar Mile - which I did and it was great....I beat my time from last year and had a wonderful swim...Also the weekend away did us all good...
My photo was taken on the way home from the Midlands

I love the "layered" feel of the photo, the flat grassy area in the foreground, then the mielie field (maize) then the koppie in the distance with a bit more added height then of course our great blue sky with fluffy white clouds (Sorry Mariette - I know this photo made you ever so slightly jealous and nostalgic)....A postcard landscape picture...

 

Once again I am very aware of the contrasts in our photos....Mine with Blue and white sky and Mariette's all grey - her trees look back and stark against the sky line...Mariette loves the sheep in her photo - Mariette spring is on the way in your part of the world and then you will be seeing little lambs with their mommies...cute...The fact that spring is on its way to Mariette means that WINTER, is on the way to me....I have always said that in my next life I am coming back as a bear, so that I do not even have to poke my nose out of my cave when it is cold and miserable outside...I can sleep all winter - Bliss for me...
Okay, well that is my post for this week - so until next week - Take care and lots of love...


No comments:

Post a Comment