"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 21 - Random

“OH What a beautiful morning
Oh What a wonderful Day
Oh what a glorious feeling
Everything’s going my way…..”
Isn’t it amazing when you have one of those mornings where everything just “works”….after the last couple of weeks, I was starting to wander if I would ever have one of those AWESOME mornings again….AND  I realised this morning…It ‘s not that “stressy” things (like traffic and lost shoes or socks and ironing that you should have done last night and now kids are waiting for shirts etc) did not happen…It is just that I coped with them better…to me this realisation is a REVEALATION….It amazes me that we can control so much just with our own thoughts and attitudes – Now all I have to do is to figure out WHY I coped better this morning then other mornings – Does anyone know????

Mariette suggested a theme for this week, which is lovely, … when she told me the theme I thought, it would really suit me better to do it for next week, anyway, on the weekend she played right into my hands by e-mailing me and asking if it would suit me better for this week…Thank you Mariette…


So we chose another quick and easy theme – “Random”…..I did not pick up my camera at all, but chose from photos that I had already taken – Mariette I am very impressed that you took photos for the theme…AND I love your chosen photo of pretty colourful flowers….




I chose this picture of a thistle – I love the contrast of the soft, fluffy thistle and the dark background (which is water ), although the water is not “solid”…..The photo was taken just as it was getting dark…There is also something that speaks to me about the “courage” of this little thistle that is “sticking it’s neck out” over the deep dark water that could swallow it in an instant…
Once again Mariette has mentioned how TUT makes her notice things that she does not normally notice and there is so much around us that we would miss out on every single day…
I said last week that I need to “APPRECIATE” “CELEBRATE” and “TREASURE” things a lot more then I do…I guess to “NOTICE” things is the first step in that process….and TUT makes me realise just how much I have to notice, appreciate, celebrate and treasure…..

This “Huckleberry Finn” picture tells a story of total relaxation – what is more relaxing then little floats bobbing in the water, waiting for that little fish to nibble, whilst we sit on the bank and reflect….I don’t enjoy the whole fishing thing, but it is nice to sit beside a piece of water with nothing to do……



Kayla-Fern asked me the other day when we would be doing “HORSES” as a theme – I said that I did not think we would because I am not sure how easy it would be for Mariette (I missed the opportunity when we did animals, but Kayla-Fern does not need to know that), so last night I thought  of including a horse picture in random….Kayla-Fern chose the picture…..I guess it is quite random….


Anyway, that’s it from me (feeling very sentimental and “mushy”) this week….Lots of love
Me

 

1 comment:

  1. The photos are wonderful...you girls are really rocking these challenges.

    ReplyDelete