"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

TUM - Week 6 - Arrow

Well, my blog is late once again – can I use the excuse that I was away for the weekend...
Nah, I didn’t think so...Considering that the weekend had been planned months in advance, I should (could/would) have made advance plans to get my photo and my blog done on time, but because I am me and not as organised as I would like to be – I didn’t...But the weekend away was lovely AND I completed my mile open water swim in 43 odd minutes, which was not as good as I had hoped for (I was hoping for under forty), but I finished with no major (or even minor) side effects and no injuries....Brad finished it in 34minutes, 23 seconds and Mike in 56 odd minutes, so all around a brilliant family effort – Well done to the male members of my family – I AM SUPER SUPER PROUD OF YOU BOTH...
Our theme this week was ARROW....suggested by Pam, and I could not fathom what had made her think of ARROW –I mean really but,  you just have to visit her blog and read all about it from her perspective and then her theme falls into place beautifully – I wish I had known her thought process before I took my photo – but perhaps it would not have changed anything anyway.
Claires  photo first – she said when she e-mailed it through to us all – that sometimes it is the simplest thing – and really a beautifully typical Claire photo – beautiful in it simplicity...and very elegant.

I took mine at Greenstone shopping mall in the covered parking area, on Friday afternoon...We were already "on the road" - although going past Greenstone was a detour, because Brad wanted to get some last minute stuff for his DS Nintendo that he bought for himself recently (He wanted to add "Skull Candy" earphones and get a cover for the Nintendo) - so being dutiful parents.... we went the route that meant we could stop at Greenstone on the way


The arrow on the road was not originally what I wanted - I wanted to take the green flashing arrow light at a robot which indicates that you have right of way to turn (or if it is a solid red arrow - it means that you can turn when the road is clear - you don't have to wait for the robot to turn green) - but I did not get that far...

Mariette’s is also a direction arrow on the road....I did not open her picture until I had chosen mine for this week, although I did have a straight arrow as well...so although our the photos are similar... they are different...

Pam says - "I just liked this one, even though I had to stand in the middle of a busy intersection with my unruly dog trying to operate my iPhone wearing clunky gloves.  Touch screens don't work with gloves on - you South Africans wouldn't know that, but they don't.  And I nearly dropped my phone in the puddle trying to prove it."
Imagining the scene made me giggle....but I must admit, I empathise, As far as I am concerned, you can keep touch scrren phones (or drop them in a puddle) - Mike has one and every single time I use it, I manage to disconnect the call - with my hair grrrrr....
Anyway, my post for this week is nearly done - except for two things...
1st - Claire - What was your shape from last week - Unfair that you have kept us in suspense for over a week...???
2nd - Our theme next week is a lovely one - those men (and each of us only has one - much as we love them, I think one of them is enough), who support us ladies (often in the back ground and taken for granted...), I know that without mine, I would be totally lost, it would be like living in a vacum, without arms and legs....
That's it for now
Lots of love

2 comments:

  1. Great take on this weeks theme...you girls are very resourceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos ... really like the arrows! Well done on just considering to attempt the Midmar ... I'm petrified ... don't think I'll ever do it. But a few people here at my office do! Brave souls you are.
    Have a fabulous last two days of the week.

    ReplyDelete