"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Saturday, May 14, 2011

TUT - Week 31 - Food

As I told you last week – our theme was FOOD – suggested by me and because I was feeling so relaxed when I had to suggest that the theme – I took a short cut and piggy backed on Andrea and Claire’s theme from the week before…
I chose my picture mainly because most people can relate to chocolate cake (a lot of people’s ultimate comfort food) – the coffee (cappucino) and chocolates are just a bonus….Do you notice something about my picture – It is “INSTANT” -  Instant  chocolate cake/Instant coffe and instant cappucino sachets….At least you know if you phone me to tell me that you are coming to visit for coffee and chocolate cake in an hours time, – there is a good chance that it will be available when you arrive.


Since our building/tiling etc is still happening, I ended up taking most of my pictures in my grocery cupboard – it was the least dusty area and the background was not some half tiled ungrouted wall….Never mind hopefully, next week I will find some fab areas to take pictures in….I think it fitting anyway, that I took pictures for a FOOD theme in a FOOD cupboard.

Mariette’s picture is of crumbs of cake left on a plate – you see I told you most people relate to cake…Well done Mariette – Lovely interpretation of our theme…

 
Here is Kayla-Fern’s ultimate comfort food – believe me if she could eat only this she would….I have no idea where she gets her sweet tooth from…




My ultimate comfort food is Lemon Merinuge Pie or Fudge and  my ultimate weakness is strawberry jam….I think one of Mike’s favourite things is scones and cream and jam – although he also loves custard slices and doughnuts or chocolate éclairs.


Ok, maybe I do know where Kayla-Fern gets her sweet tooth from…
For my birthday last year, Brad cooked me a fantastic birthday dinner of Risotto/Roast Chicken and Vegetables and  It was AMAZING - Here is Chef Brad hard at work...
There are many quotes about food – but one of my favourites is “Food for thought – is no substitute for the real thing”
One last thing…Please if ever I tell any of you “Mike and I are thinking of doing some renovations…” Please, Please remind me that I said I would NEVER do this again….My concern is that Renovations are like childbirth, once it is over you forget how bad it really was”…
Anyway, that is my post for this week – I do hope next week finds me in a less dusty home and in a less “building depressed*” state of mind…
"*" Didn’t you know that there was such a thing as building depression- well there is and I have it…It is when you think you will be physically sick if you so much as look at another tile and you just can not bring yourself to dust any furniture because tomorrow it will just be dusty again and you have to force your self to eat and brush your teeth because all you can taste is dust…..it really is not a nice condition to have, but the good news is that as soon as the building is done, all the symptoms disappear and you forget how awful they were because you are loving the results of all that hard work. It will all be worth it in the end.
Lots of love
Me
 

1 comment:

  1. Start putting the cake together and get out the cups, I'm on my way over :-).

    Hmmmm... building depression sounds ghastly and I stress each time I think that we are to embark on such a journey ... so so so not looking forward to it.

    Hope you're doing fabulous - thank you for the sweet comments on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete