"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Team Up Thursday - Week 32 - Home

Mariette suggested the theme this week...HOME - we both thought it would be  a great theme...AND I was touched that Mariette chose it, because I thought it would give me the opportunity to take pictures of some newly finished parts of my home....BUT, there is not one area that is completely finished yet - so we are still living in chaos and dust...
The theme did make me think though - What does HOME mean to me?
Mariette also asked herself the same question, and she came up with the answer that her home would not feel without home with out her animals...so here is a picture of Bruto waiting at the front door to welcome his family HOME..Sadly Bruto passed away last year.
So what does home mean to me...I have always said that my favourite places is in Mike's arms, I feel so loved and warm and safe and protected when he holds me close...When he holds me in his arms after a business trip - I always say to him that I feel like I am home...Where ever my children are, is where I want to lay my head AND of course animals as Mariette so rightly said make home more homely....So although having a "nice" home is lovely - for me "Home is where the heart (love) is"

The message is written in dust on my kitchen counter - if you look carefully you can see how lovely the kitchen wall tiles are...

To prove that animals do indeed make home more homely...Here's Misty making my kitchen shelf look really comfortable.  Cats are amazing that they can be comfortable almost anywhere....





This picture gives you some idea of what our bathroom is going to look like...OK - maybe it is still too "unfinished" to give you an idea - I will have to take photos and post them when everything is done and all clean and tidy again.


Lastly....Since we both thought of our animals this week - Kayla-Fern's little dwarf hamster "Nibbles" has a growth on his side...He has pulled all the fur around it out and it looks quite sore...She was very concerned, so this evening I took her and Nibbles to the vet...Turns out that the growth is not a tumour, which is what I was worried about....It seems to be a skin condition, perhaps from a little flea bite or some kind of iritation - so now we have to give him medicine (0.1ml - I think) twice a day...it is actually dog medicine that has been diluted by one part to a whole lot (he weights around 25 grms, so the vets had to do some serious thinking) and we have to bath him once a week in a cattle dip (also diluted a whole lot)... Total cost R217-90 - for a hamster that originally cost R35-00, but it is not the cost of the hamster that is important, it is the cost of not breaking a little girls heart....Animals do indeed make up part of the love that we need at home.
Lots of love
Me


4 comments:

  1. Hiya
    Very nice blog this week ... thought you would appreciate this given what all has been going on in the last few weeks
    xxxx
    H
    Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better
    To paint a picture, or write a letter,
    Bake a cake, or plant a seed;
    Ponder the difference between want and need?

    Dust if you must, but there's not much time,
    With rivers to swim, and mountains to climb;
    Music to hear, and books to read;
    Friends to cherish, and life to lead.

    Dust if you must, but the world's out there
    With the sun in your eyes, and the wind in your hair;
    A flutter of snow, a shower of rain,
    This day will not come around again.

    Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
    Old age will come and it's not kind.
    And when you go (and go you must)
    You, yourself, will make more dust.

    Remember, a house becomes a home when you can write
    "I love you" on the furniture.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww bruto was just sooo adorable - I love ugly dogs, they're absolutely gorgeous.

    I have a picture.

    Please would you explain this 'TUT' to me, I've tried to find out exactly what it's all about, and maybe I'm just going too quickly - but I'm curious ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Linda - I have another saying, which I also quite like: home is where your story begins. It's now hanging in my kitchen because home is back home, but it's our new home, and where I was born home, and Johannesburg home, and George home. Stories are beginning all the time and at the root of them all, are all the homes we have lived in and loved - we are so lucky to have so many stories and so many homes we have loved - don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! We truly have that in common too! I love ugly dogs and my beautifully ugly Sharpei was also recently lost.

    Home is where the heart is and I am most at home when I am with my DH too.

    ReplyDelete