"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, April 21, 2011

TUT - Week 29 - DOWN

Wow – Second week in a row that I am doing my Thursday post on Thursday….
I chose the theme this week – It seemed a natural progression from Mariette’s “UP” last week….
I love Mariette’s picture – taken whilst crouching “DOWN” in the garden – It is pretty and simple and very elegant ….Also a lovely clear picture…

I took my picture looking down from a second floor office window at work….From this angle you can see the haphazard way that the “leaves” of the cactus (???) have grown –I also love the little bit of water collected in the one “Leaf” from some earlier rain…I was a bit disappointed that the picture does not really show how high the office window is ...



I also like this photo – taken looking down at the reflection of the moon in a puddle of water (also from rain) on our unfinished patio…Kind of interesting I think…


Then last but not least – when I let our dogs out the other day (cold rainy afternoon) for a toilet call….Ticky (my little Jack Russelle) suddenly started barking like crazy – I raced outside to see that Romanni had fallen DOWN into a trench that Mike had dug for some piping…Poor old girl could not get out on her own, but I could not let the photo opportunity pass….(much to Kayla-Fern’s disgust)..Poor Romanni looks very sorry for herself.


I have had a lot of odd thoughts on my mind (which have nothing to do with our theme) and I think my musings were kind of nutshelled together when Kayla-Fern phoned me after I had dropped her at school and was well on my way to work – She borrowed a friend’s cell phone (she does not have her own) to phone me and tell me that she had forgotten some tins that she needed for school – which I had known about…she told me about needing them once on Monday…At first I was quite angry  - just such a disruption to my morning, but being a good, dutiful mommy, who felt slightly guilty at not having remembered in the first place, I turned around and went home and organised two empty tins – as a result we are having tomotoe and onion relish with our wors rolls tonight..I then dropped the empty tins off at school and arrived at work – Late…I was telling a collegue about my terrible morning and he said “Are you sure she needed empty tins – Maybe she needed tins of stuff for a comminty type project – mmmmmmm.
My random musings that have been formulated from this experience are:
What would my mom (or anyone else’s mom) have done in a similar situation -  the fact is that she would not have been in the situation… I don’t think cell phones were invented yet… and you only got to use the office phone in life or death situations – No I would have had to admit that I had forgotten the tins and taken the consequences.  And would my mom have felt guilty after school when I told her about what a terrible day I had had because of it.  Should I have made a plan so that Kayla-Fern could participate and not get into trouble…Would it have been that serious a situation anyway, especially considering that there is a chance that they did not even get time to do the exercise….How am I going to feel if indeed she needed full tins – and will I be able to enjoy my tomotoe and onion relish tonight, if it should have gone to someone who needed it more then me…These musings are very random and I thought I would figure out a point to them as I went along – but I haven’t, so if you are still awake after wading through this nonsense…Thank you – but you can go and take a nap now….From a very confused me who is clearly in desperate need of a long weekend (thank goodness we have one this weekend) and some major chocolate input..There are few things in life that chocolate can not make better – Don’t know who said that, but it was someone wise….Lots of love and Happy Easter.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter from a fellow Mom who has done and will continue to do the same thing over and over again! I often wonder though, and do sometime put the kids in the situation, that it was THEIR duty to remember and not mine, it is my duty to provide! SO, if they REMEMBER at a reasonable hour when you can do something about it then it is our DUTY to provide! Never killed them yet! Lots of love and hugs this easter - Me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I still maintain that our children will grow up despite what we do, not because of it. When you consider all of our own baggage which we carry constantly and overlay any siutation leading to a parenting decision (especially those that require even a smidgeon of agonizing), I am amazed any of us are at all normal! Cheers - I have to go drop off a jacket for Ryan who is at his friends house because he forgot it and it is nippy out today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet comment. I appreciate it! And I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete