"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Team Up Thursday - Week 12 - No Colour

I chose No Colour this week - I had been thinking of Black and white for a few weeks, but I did not want to state the obvious...which is why I chose what I did...Mariette and I both chose Black and White pictures..although, I tried to look for subject matter that did not have much "conventional" colour....
We both took our photos in normal colour and edited the colour out using photo editing...It all worked.
Mariette's picture is of a tree in her garden...She chose this picture over the other pictures she took because it showed the texture so nicely, and Mariette it does indeed
I also notice that you are taking different angle photos - You are looking at a picture from all angles - we should all be doing that in our lives as well

My chosen picture is of a rusted metal post box - the colour picture was a no colour sort of picture and when it changed to black and white, the lines and charecter became a lot more noticeable...
I really enjoyed seeing the differences in the same photo between the colour version and the black and white version...

I liked the "no colour" aspect of this bronze head which I found in the beautiful, tranquil gardens of a church.
I also liked the way the black and white sort of high lights the "structure" of things as in the photo of this palm






Finally, a little bit of fun...Mike found this chocolate and bought it because of it's name - A bit of playing and voila - a perfect picture for TEAM UP THURSDAY
It was fun this week, to use technology to edit our photos after we had taken them, and it was interesting to see how different the pictures were when stripped of their colour...It made me realise this week how lucky we are that we live in a colourful world...because as nice as a black and white photo can be - It would get pretty boring if everything was black and white all the time...This brings me to another observation...Let's liken the colour that we see every day to a postive attitude - Can you imagine living life, with no colour in our attitude...How depressed we would all be...I think what I am trying to say is that a postive attitude and mind set is one of the most powerful things in the world and a bleak outlook is one of the most destructive things in the world - And do you know what is more astounding....We are in control of our own attitudes - No-one else...So we can take control to be powerful and successful or not...I am not sure that I have really fully got my meaning across to you, but it is late on a Thursday night, so maybe I am getting a bit too philosophical (Spelling..)  and I need some beauty sleep, so good night everyone - Tomorrow is a new, bright day...full of colour....Until next week - Lots of love

1 comment:

  1. Lovely words again, my friend. Stay strong!

    (PS : also like the additional pictures)

    ReplyDelete