"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the
best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.
I believe in being strong when everything

seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.
I believe that tomorrow is another day

and I believe in miracles." — Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Team Up Thursday - Week 6 - Teddy Bears

It was my turn to choose the theme this week..I briefly considered joining the group “FLYING WITHOUT WINGS” challenge, I think it is a lovely challenge and am looking forward to seeing the work of other participants, but I just felt too inexperienced to tackle this challenge…so TEDDY BEARS is our theme for this week – nice and easy..
I remembered that Mariette used to collect teddies (before she left for the UK),  and I have made a few of my own and with us both having a daughter, I thought that we would not be short of “models”
I also put a lot of thought into “composing” my picture and thought of doing a “Teddy Bear’s Picnic”, “Teddy Bear in a Tea Cup”, Teddy Hanging onto a Branch”, “Teddy with Flowers” – the ideas seemed endless –
I did not do any photos over the weekend, because I knew that I was on leave from yesterday afternoon (no, we are not going away, but the children break up today and we just want to spend time chilling and doing things around the house) – It was wonderful to be able to dedicate more time then usual to TUT this week – I took 141 photos in total and the one I chose is in a league of it’s own – I am thrilled with it.
The little girl in the photo, was a present from Bradley one year when he went on holiday with Claire (TUT – Inspiration for the Soul) and her family (before they moved to Wales), so she is beary special.

Mariette is in Germany on business this week… She says that she is not entirely happy with her photos this week and feels that perhaps her bears were not “talking” to her – I think her chosen bear just has so much character – that cheeky grin…He is a new addition to her bear family - bought whilst she has been on this business trip.
…For various reasons, our bear collections have been in storage in boxes for a few years, and I thought mine looked very sad and grumpy, when I unpacked them for the photo shoot – I have come to the conclusion that bears (like children and animals) don’t like to be shut up for long periods of time, so Mariette you know what to do…
Below is a picture which Mike took - a beautiful effect created by using a simple desk lamp (paced in the right position) and MY little camera..

Florentina, (left) is also a special little bear - she is the first bear that I made myself and she is small and very pretty.






The two photos below, whilst not having the great attributes that my winning photo has this week, are still cute enough to be shown...
Tyler (left) is also a little bear
that I made and Josh is the first bear that I made from scratch i.e pattern and fabric that I chose separately rather then a kit..He is a big bear and is wearing "hand me down" dungarees from Bradley.

Well - that's it for this week - I'm going to rush around now and check what everyone else has done.

4 comments:

  1. What gorgeous bears! Love this topic, it makes me want to go back to childhood. Great choice for the challenge and you both did awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute:). they certainly do seem to have their own personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly a photo to be very proud of - stunning, well done!

    ReplyDelete